Welcome to AFROTC Detachment 90, one of the biggest and best detachments in the nation. This is your first step to earning a commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Air Force. You will find that the program is very challenging and competitive, but very rewarding at the same time. We would like to share some events/information that you will need to know to kick-off the beginning of the semester:
New Student Orientation Program (NSOP)
All freshman and sophomore students signed up to begin Air Force ROTC during FA 2020 are encouraged to attend our New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) on August 19, 20, or 21st (you only need to attend one session). Students can still join the AFROTC program without attending NSOP, but it is highly encouraged. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Cadets will experience a head-start to AFROTC and the school year by participating in NSOP:
- NSOP allows for familiarization with the AFROTC program and cadet life
- Meet cadre, cadets, and fellow students before classes begin
- Open to CSU and all crosstown students
- Submit your application on AFROTC.com by clicking “Apply Now” and establish your Wings account
- Print and complete the AFROTC Form 28 Sports Physical with your doctor
- Complete and return all of the forms below to email@example.com by 7 Aug 2020
- Sign up for class (AS101) and leadership lab (AS196)
Forms and Instructions
What to bring to NSOP?
- Birth Certificate (original)
- Social Security Card (original, signed)
- Selective Service Number (males 18+)
- JROTC / CAP / Eagle Scout / Girl Scout Certification (if applicable)
- Completed AFROTC Form 28 Sports Physical
- Academic Schedule (print out from RAMWeb)
- Uniform Information (shirt size)
- Wings Username/Password. Pro-tip: Ensure your Wings password is updated and you can login the day before in-processing.
- Report any past offenses, violations of law or ordinance, or any other adverse involvements with civil, military, or school authorities (if applicable)
- Laptop and/or cellphone
- A parent or guardian if under 18